Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Latest Addiction

I call this Caprese Toast. It is so very yummy I can't get enough of it. It all started by accident, because I was craving caprese salad, but I didn't have any large tomatoes. This only takes a few minutes to prepare and is very healthy and delicious.

Start out with french bread or italian bread. If you only have sandwich bread, toast it first.

Sprinkle or spray bread with olive oil

Sprinkle bread with balsamic vinegar

Top with sliced tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes

Top tomatoes with pieces of fresh mozzarella. I buy a fresh mozzarella ball, which I could eat like an apple.

Top with fresh basil, sea salt and black pepper.

This photo doesn't show fresh basil, since I live in the arctic north, but it would be very tasty.

I bake these in my toaster oven at 350 until the bread is crispy and the cheese is melted.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Looks & sounds very tasty! I definitely need to try this! YummO :) Thanks for sharing Erica, Lisa Warth

    ReplyDelete